When you see a homeless animal on the streets, it can be challenging to know what to do. Many of us are urged to help but may not know how or where to start. FitBark gives you the details to get started today.
Where to Start
Never fear if you’re confused about where and how to get started. Following are some easy ways to plug in today:
- Be a responsible pet owner: Reduce animal neglect and homelessness by spaying or neutering your pets, keeping them up to date on their vaccinations, and providing them with a loving home.
- Education: Educate yourself and others about pet homelessness and neglect through social media and word-of-mouth spread.
- Speak up: If you witness neglect or abuse, be sure to report it to the proper authorities. You can also help by supporting legislation protecting animals from neglect and abuse.
Donating and Volunteering
If you want to interact with animal charities or even animals themselves, here are a few ways to help out:
- Donations: Donations of money, food, and supplies help to keep animal organizations running and help pets in need.
- Volunteering: Organizations are always in need of time and labor, so sign up for local volunteering opportunities near you!
- Foster/ adopt: This is a great way to provide a home to animals - and bonus: you get to care for animals when they need it most!
Take Your Efforts to the Next Level
Ready to level up in your animal advocacy efforts? Here’s what to do:
- Start a nonprofit: Running a nonprofit can be an effective way to ensure that change is being affected in the way you want.
- Promote awareness: If you’re doing work to raise awareness on animal issues, be sure to promote your work! A Facebook ad template can be a great way to automate this process.
- Donate resources: Consistently donating products and resources will be the most effective way to give back - be sure to read trusted product reviews on items you buy before making a purchase.
Giving back to animals is an incredibly fulfilling and rewarding experience. Be sure to do your part and help out however you can!