Dogs are loveable. Dogs are great. But some dogs can be nightmarish to train and handle. If you’re a dog-lover but are a student at the same time, it’s probably best not to get a Doberman or a Border Collie.
That’s why we’ve compiled some easy-to-manage choices for you so you won’t have to. And on that note, if you’re fiending for some more time to check out pets, then it’s time you assign an expert to handle your college work.
Head on over to Studyfy to take advantage of numerous academic services. If you need a writer, or if you need essay editing services, then Studyfy has it. Delegate some of your burdens to an expert, and relax with your new furry friend.
Moving on, here are our choices:
So, why is a labrador retriever an easy dog breed to handle? Let’s take a look at their characteristics to get a good idea:
- They’re playful and very laid back. The typical Labrador retriever has no aggression. Playfulness and a peaceful attitude make for a great first dog to have.
- They are bright, and they are easy to train since they’ll follow your commands without much resistance.
- They are sociable and great with people. They are safe around children and are actually considered one of the best breeds to have around children or in a family setting.
Whether it’s your first time owning a dog or it’s your first time owning a dog in college, this breed is a safe bet. Labrador retrievers will make it easy for you.
If you’re a student, the chances are that you live in some sort of flat/apartment. The Bichon Frise dog breed is perfect for that sort of setting. Let’s take a look at why it’s a good choice for students:
- They’re small. That’s the first thing. For most students, you aren’t living in a huge house with a garden. Well, for most. Having a small dog like the Bichon Frise in your small abode won’t spell much trouble or inconvenience.
- This dog breed is known for its very cheerful and friendly nature. They’re easy to train, they’re cute, and they only need very moderate levels of exercise.
- The only high-maintenance feature that this breed has is its coat, which needs to be trimmed, brushed, and maintained regularly. Otherwise, you have the perfect college dog.
Bichon Frise dogs were bred to be companion dogs, so naturally, they’re going to get along and bond with their owners very easily. They’re a perfect choice for a college student who’s trying to find a pet that’s easy to manage.
Most people know what a golden retriever is and what they look like. They’re one of the most popular breeds on the globe. And quite often, you’ll see them in movies and TV series. Let’s pinpoint why they’re a good choice for college students:
- They’re great for novices. They are very affectionate and loyal.
- They’re great companions and sociable. Easy to be around, and very good with children.
- They’re easy to train and don’t need an excessive amount of exercise. Moderate exercise levels will keep them happy and healthy.
Golden retrievers are a safe bet and are easy to handle. We recommend getting one if you want a mid-sized dog with a great personality.
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
If you’re looking for another sweet little breed as a first choice, then this one’s got you covered. These dogs are small enough to fit in a bag. If you’re looking for a little companion, then you’ve got your match. Let’s look over why they’re a good choice:
- These ones are very gentle and high-spirited—an excellent combination for an easy-to-handle dog.
- They are super easy to train since they are smart and quite athletic. They are adaptable and bond very well with their human companions. They only need moderate levels of exercise.
- They are elegant dogs. If you want a dog breed that has a more refined personality, then it’s a match.
- The only downside is that they need to be groomed more than the other breeds. You’ll need to brush them daily, check their ears weekly, and trim their nails on a monthly basis.
Cute and classy.
No, this isn’t someone’s name. It’s the name of the breed. This breed is a mid-sized breed with a very interesting look. Let’s go through some points on why they’re a good choice:
- Brittany dogs are very well-behaved and very elegant. If you’re looking for a breed that’s easy to manage but is classy and refined, then you’ve got your match.
- They’re independent and low-maintenance, but at the same time, they bond very deeply with their owners and want to make you happy.
- They’re very easy to train and are sociable. Good with kids and adults.
- The only catch is that they have higher energy levels than the other choices we’ve stated. If you’re a sporty college student, this is great since you can exercise with your pet every day.
This pet is the best choice for more sporty students who want a mid-sized companion with refined looks.
If you’re looking for a daily overdose of cuteness, then you’ll probably love a pomeranian. While they can be a bit more pricey than the other breeds, there’s a lot to adore. Let’s look at them more closely:
- This breed is a great first choice for a student. They’re very easy to handle and need basic training. You will need to properly train them, just like any other pet.
- Pomeranians are super sweet, cheerful, and friendly. If you’re looking for a companion, this is it. They combine cutesy with friendliness. They’re also small. Perfect for a school bag bike ride.
- They’re energetic but only need moderate exercise.
- They are very friendly and are good around kids and adults.
- They have a huge fluffy coat, but you’ll generally only need to brush it daily to maintain it.
Pomeranians are a delight. For those who are fans of small pets that are easy to handle, then look no further.
Figuring out which breed you want to get as a first choice can be difficult, and that can be even more daunting when you’re a college student. Luckily, the ones we’ve suggested are all easy and manageable, especially for beginners. We hope this has helped you out, and we wish you luck in finding the right pet.