Guide to use CBD oil for the dog with osteoarthritis
Medical marijuana has been of great use in some countries in the recent past. It has come in handy in relieving people from cancer, seizures, anxiety, and pain. The use of CBD by humans has left many pet owners and veterinarians trying to settle a puzzle. There have been questions on whether CBD products can be used on dogs and provide the same benefits. This detailed article shall guide you on how you can use CBD oil for a dog with osteoarthritis. You will understand how the oil can help your dog, the benefits of CBD oils for your dog, and the types of these oils.
What is CBD?
CBD is found in the cannabis Sativa plant and has become a supplement boasting several advantages. Once a human or a dog consumes CBD, their body systems can function properly. However, there has not been a confirmed approval from the FDA certifying the use of CBD. Its use is left open for people to decide. Specialists dealing with dogs, including the American Kennel Club, have suggested that CBD oils can be used on dogs as a pain reliever and control seizures.
Uses of CBD in dogs
There have been no accurate details about how CBD oils help a dog. However, it has been of great help to humans, as mentioned earlier. A study done in 2018 proved that CBD oils had anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving properties, which helped dogs with osteoarthritis.
In the research, dogs were given doses of 2 to 8 mg against a kg of the dog's body weight. The results showed that 80% of the dogs that received the CBD oil treatment registered a great improvement in their movement and pain reduction.
On the other hand, CBD oils have been linked with the treatment of epileptic dogs. According to research done in 2019, dogs with seizures showed a reduction in seizure attacks after receiving a CBD oil dosage. However, the reduction in the seizure attacks was not registered to dogs on medical treatment.
Benefits of CBD oils to dogs with osteoarthritis
CBD oils have had a great role in the health of a dog besides the above-discussed uses. This is more so for dogs that have suffered adverse arthritis effects, including inflammation, poor mobility, and chronic pain. Here are the benefits of using CBD on such dogs.
- Treatment of Inflammation: Dogs that suffer from osteoarthritis experience inflammation. CBD oils have been of great help to such dogs, especially the ones with compromised immunity. This is because of their anti-inflammatory effects. A study proved that CBD is great in fighting dog osteoarthritis. Moreover, these cannabis products have also been confirmed to avert the damage caused by the inflammation.
- Pain reduction: CBD oils have come a great way in helping relieve pain in dogs. Also, they boost opioids and NSAIDS, thus reducing the intake of strong drugs in dogs.
Types of CBD oils for dogs with osteoarthritis
Here are some of the top best dog CBD by kingkanine that work great in treating osteoarthritis.
- KING KALM™ 600MG CBD –This CBD oil is made from natural organic ingredients and works best in treating osteoarthritis in dogs. It is combined with essential oil and Copaiba, making it the best oil for your aging furry friend.
- Klean Paws CBD oils-This type of CBD oils is specifically made for inflammation. Its dosage is given according to your dog's age and size.
- CBD Pure-This CBD oils are grown organically and help reduce the pain and inflammation caused by osteoarthritis in dogs. They also help in enabling proper motion in older affected dogs.
Dogs are not exceptional when it comes to joint problems. This is particularly so in the older ones. Osteoarthritis in dogs can result in pain and lack of stability when moving. This can, however, be managed by the use of CBD oils, which boast several benefits. The administration of the oils is given depending on the dog's age and weight. There are no major negative effects of CBD oils on dogs, and it interacts well with the dog's body, thus boosting its functionality. The article has discussed the perfect guide to the use of CBD oils for treating dogs with osteoarthritis.