Training your dog is not limited to only asking them to sit and lie back, but training with tricks is becoming more popular than conventional training methods. Some owners are adopting new tricks according to their dog’s liking, whereas others are following with old ones. Despite the type, trick training has some underlying benefits for both the owner and their canine baby. You and your dog might unknowingly be benefitting from trick training that you will know here.
However, if you are still not incorporating tricks into your dog’s training routine, then this blog of mine will probably motivate you to do so. Therefore, learn more about enhancing the training routine below.
5 Engrossing Benefits of Training Dogs with Tricks
Help Develop your Dog’s Mental Stimulation
Tricks are a creative approach to an activity that helps to mentally stimulate your dog. Usually, a dog’s brain is fully developed by seven weeks of age. So, if you start training them with different tricks from such a young age, they will remember forever. Not only puppies, but mental stimulation is necessary for adult dogs as well. Tricks help with enhancing your dog’s thinking and learning capabilities, and they will love such mental stimulation through tricks.
Keeps the Bond Between Dog and Owner Strong
Yes, training dogs with tricks do help with strengthening the bond between you and your canine friend. While conventional training is a bit strict where you have to act bossy with your pet, trick training is more of a low-stress learning process. You get to explore what your dog likes and which trick attracts the most. In trick training, the sky's the limit with unlimited choices. Moreover, this free-shape learning helps to figure out each other and makes the bond stronger. This also helps, your dog quickly starts to trust you.
Helps to Combat Overwhelming Situations
Suppose your dog has visited your friend's place, where everyone is drooling over his cuteness. In that situation, it is quite natural for the dog to feel overwhelmed like human beings. Having a bag full of tricks in this practice will help him to combat such situations without disappointing anybody. With the tricks learned, your pet can overcome any obstacle with positivity instead of barking at or biting anyone.
They can Offer More Positive Behaviors to Other Animals and Humans.
Learning something new is not only a skill for human beings but for a dog as well. When your dog catches and learns new tricks, that means they possess more behaviors to offer to other animals and human beings. Either way, dogs love to get stimulated mentally and physically by learning different activities. Additionally, they can face and fix any obstacles or problems that come in front of them with these tricks.
Provides a Break from Conventional Training
As mentioned earlier, tricks have unlimited choices, so you can go over the board with trick training. On the other hand, conventional training has a few limited techniques. You and your dog both get a newness in learning, keeping both of you motivated and refreshed. Also, you will know which practice your dog likes or dislikes. Practicing what they like will keep them going and will also stimulate their brain muscles.
Some Essential Tricks to train your Dog with:
Although there is a list of dog tricks for you to explore with your dog, if you are a beginner, you can start off with these simple ones:
- Hand Shaking: Handshakes are one of the most polite ways of introducing your dogs to other people. It will benefit those people who are afraid of dogs and have negative feelings about dog behavior.
- Put Items in the Trash Can: Potty training is not the only hygiene training you can give to your dog. But you can also teach them to put their trash in the dust bin instead of cleaning it up for them. However, you have to keep the bin in check as they might end up putting anything useful they thought as trash.
- Go to Bed: This is a helpful trick as dogs have tended to sleep anywhere around the house. What if your kids are playing and kick your dog instead? So, teach them to always sleep in their respective beds.
- Waving: Waving is another excellent form of gesture to new people or strangers. Moreover, who can resist melting when a dog is waving at them with its cute paws?
- Closing and Opening Doors: Closing and opening doors is another form of mannerism and can help you save some energy. Teach them to open and close doors by themselves when they enter or exit a room.
- Fetch Items: Asking your dogs to fetch items will prove handy for you inside the house. Although dogs are trained to fetch balls while playing, but fetching other items should be taught too.
So, these were some daily life-style related tricks that you can start teaching your canine baby.
So, stop thinking and start training your dogs with tricks today. Of course, not all at a time, but slowly, and practicing throughout the week will make them remember it forever. Incorporate some positive attitude in every trick, and you will be glad that you did. You and your entire family can get involved in these trick training sessions and discover what your canine is good at.
Make your dog more intelligent, sharper, and brighter by trick training, which significantly benefits their overall physical and mental well-being. While it comes to the dog's overall health, don't forget to invest in a dog GPS and health tracker.