Welcome to FitBark! You are probably reading this because you are enrolling in a research study (or a training program) and just received your FitBark Dog Activity Monitor from the entity that administers the study. To participate, you will need an iOS or Android smartphone as well as the FitBark User Email Address of the entity who is leading the program.
Here’s how to set up your FitBark and share your dog’s data.
Setting up your FitBark
- Charge your new FitBark for 90 minutes using the cable provided
- Make sure Bluetooth is on in your iOS or Android device
- Download the FitBark Mobile App for iOS (from the Apple Store) or Android (from Google Play)
- Launch the FitBark App and follow the on-screen instructions to create a user profile and a dog profile
Sharing your dog’s data
From the FitBark app:
- Click on the name of your dog on his home screen (top center)
- In the dog Menu, select “Manage Users”, then “Add User”
- Insert the FitBark User Email Address you received from the program lead
- Select “Vet” (this grants full activity data access and dog profile editing privileges to the program lead)
- Select “Send” to send the invite
This completes the setup. Every time you sync your dog’s FitBark, the entity administering the study will be able to view your dog’s activity and sleep information remotely. Please don’t forget to charge your FitBark every 7-10 days, or when the battery indicator turns red.
Revoking data access
After the study is complete, you have the option (but not the obligation) to stop sharing the data. To learn how to do this, head over here.
Need more help with your FitBark?
You can find more information on our FAQ, and you can reach out to us via the Support Chat in our mobile or web app. We’re easy to work with!